Here are some tips to help you sell your fixer-upper property.
Today we’d like to talk about selling a home that needs work, also known as a fixer-upper. It can be difficult selling homes as is, but it’s certainly not impossible. Here are some tips to help you sell your fixer-upper property:
- Hire a local and experienced agent. The right agent will be able to tell you what to fix and how to get the most value out of your property.
- Make the small changes. We advise our clients to spend as little money as possible and spend it on the things that will have the biggest impact, have the best return, and help the home sell quicker.
- Focus on your curb appeal. The buyer’s first impression of your home is important. We usually have someone trim the bushes and clean everything up. It only costs $300 to $500, but it makes a huge difference.
- Be sure to clean and declutter. This is obviously important, but you should also caulk and seal small holes. It will show the buyer that the home has been well taken care of.
- Apply a fresh layer of paint. This has the biggest impact on how a home looks.
- Stage the home. A lot of the buyers can’t see themselves living in the homes they look at. Staging is key because it makes it easier for them to picture themselves in the home.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call us at 416-646-8837 or email us at adamparsons.ca. We’d love to talk with you.